The Bed Rail Safety Guard from Signature Life enables bed rails and bed handles to be used with an extra soft mattress. By preventing compression in the mattress, the Safety Guard helps to prevent bed rail entrapment.
WHICH sAFETY gUARD IS RIGHT FOR ME?
- Identify your bed rail on the list to the left to to decide whether you need a 46″ or 20″ wide safety guard.
- Determine your mattress size. The safety guards come in three lengths to fit a twin, full/queen, or king sized bed.
HOW TO POSITION YOUR SAFETY GUARD:
The Bed Rail Safety Guard must be centered with the bed rail as shown in the figure to the right. If the bed rail is extendable, first extend the rail to its longest point and then center the safety guard with your extended bed rail. This product requires a fitted sheet to be installed over the top of the mattress guard after installation.
- Place your Safety Guard on top of your mattress centered with your bed rail
- Run the B straps with buckles underneath the bed
- Secure buckles A and B and tighten straps
- Add a fitted sheet over the top of mattress guard
DO I NEED A BED RAIL SAFETY GUARD?
THERE IS A MUCH GREATER RISK OF ENTRAPMENT AND INJURY/DEATH WHEN USING BED RAILS WITH A SOFT MATTRESS! A soft mattress increases the risk that a person’s head, arm, or leg could become entrapped between the mattress and a rail. Entrapment can cause injury or death.
To ensure it is safe to use a bed rail with your mattress, test your mattress by taking your fist and applying about 12lbs (5.4kg) of weight on the edge of the mattress. If the mattress is soft enough that you can compress the mattress by about 2 inches (51cm) when applying 12 lbs (5.4 kg) of weight, do not use a bed rail without the bed rail safety guard. If you have any questions, please call 800-506-9901.